Sunday, February 15, 2009


Ashlynn is so blessed to have family and friends who love her so much. Both sets of her grandparents were able to make it to her special day and that just made it all the more precious for her. She had family drive in from Arizona and friends come from the ward. It was a neat day and Wes and I are very pleased with Ashlynn that she made the decision to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I asked Ashlynn who she wanted to speak at her baptism and she immediately said me. I kept trying to wiggle my way out of that one but she wouldn't have it. It ended up being Grandma and I who spoke and then Aunt Corri sang a beautiful song called "Baptism". It was a beautiful ceremony and it was nice being able to hang out with everyone afterwards for dinner. Thanks so much for those of you who helped put this special day together and especially thanks to all the family who were able to make it!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweet day for her. I love the picture! Congratulations to her. I love her room that you just re-did as well good job! It's kind of getting me motivated to do the same to my girls' room. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh she's so cute! She looks a lot like your mom! I miss your folks a lot. They're amazing people

Mandi said...

It amazes me how much these eight year olds know. I just got asked by Nikki to give Collin's baptism talk so any pointers would be great! Cute family picture. And Cody's awards, wow! Miss you guys!